The surface to be covered with tile/ stone shall be sound and confirm to good design, rigid, clean and free of dirt, oil, grease, curing compounds, form release agents or loose plaster and paint. For economy, the surfaces should be level and true within: Walls – 3mm in 2.5m Floors – 1.5mm in 1.0m
- If a plaster/leveling mortar bed is applied, ensure that it is cured for at least 7 days to achieve proper strength before application of tile adhesive for installation of tile
- Ensure the substrate is clean and free from impurities like dust, dirt, debris, oil, grease, curing agents, loose plaster etc
- Dampen the wall before application of thin set adhesive
- Clean the back of tile for any dust or coating
The products can be mixed by hand or slow speed electric drill mixer (less than 300 rpm). Pour potable clean water in a clean container and then add the powder LATICRETE® 335 and mix until the mixture becomes creamy and plastic. Do not over mix. Leave the mix to slake for 5-10 min and remix before use. Mix only sufficient quantity of adhesive for immediate need.
Proportion:Approximately 1 bag of XTRAFLEX C-345 with 5-6 ltrs of water. Adjust quantity of liquid to obtain proper consistency.
- Wet the surface and remove the excess water before applying the adhesive. Ensure the area is shaded from sunlight. The adhesive shall be applied with the flat side of the trowel using a scraping motion to work the material into good contact with the surface to be covered.
- Additional mortar is then applied with the notched edge of the trowel.
- When installing large tiles, spread adhesive onto back of tile in addition to trowelling material over surface to be tiled. Select proper type of notched trowel.
a) Thin Tiles upto size 300 X 300 mm (1’X1’), use a square notched trowel of size 6mm X 6mm to provide a total thickness of 3mm
b) Large Porcelain Tiles upto 450 X 450 mm with ribs, use a square notched trowel of size 6mm X 6mm and back butter the tiles with the same adhesive to a thickness of 1-1.5mm to provide a total thickness of 4.5mm
c) Large Porcelain Tiles upto 600 X 600 mm (2’X2’) with ribs, use a square notched trowel of size 6mm X 9mm and back butter the tiles with the same adhesive to a thickness of 1-1.5mm to provide a total thickness of 6mm
- The most important standard to keep in mind is to insure that the piece of tile is completely bedded in the mortar or adhesive with 100% coverage.
- Rear face of tiles (especially Porcelain tiles) should be cleaned with damp sponge to clean all the dust. Do not saturate in water.
- Excess mortar on adhesive shall be cleaned from the surface of the stone with wet cloth or sponge while the mortar is fresh.
Areas of Application
Designed for exterior and underwater application, superior bond to exterior concrete, cement,cement renders,screeds
- Cement Mortar Beds
- Cement Plaster
- Ceramic Tile and Stone
- Concrete Masonry
- Brick Masonry
- Cement Terrazzo
- Exterior Grade Plywood
- Gypsum Wallboard
- Interior use only and when mixed with CONZO BOND SBR Super Flexible Latex admix